What comes to mind when you think about a walk-in tub? If enjoying an in-home spa isn’t one of those things, then it might be time to think again. Although walk-in tubs were originally created to provide an easy-access bath for those with limited mobility, they offer soothing benefits that anyone can enjoy.
Here’s how you can use a walk-in tub to transform your boring bathroom into a spa-like retreat.
Soothe Muscle Aches and Tension
Few things can ease stress and muscle tension like a warm bath. Walk-in tubs are even better because they come with water jets and bubble massage that target your legs, feet, and back. Heated air keeps your water warm and you can adjust the massage features using a convenient controller.
Engage Your Senses with Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy involves the use of essential oils that are inhaled or absorbed through the skin to promote health and wellness. Aromatherapy can be used to manage pain, improve sleep quality, and reduce stress.
To benefit from aromatherapy, add a few drops of your preferred essential oil to your bath water or use an oil diffuser in your bathroom. Here are a few that you might like to try:
- Cinnamon Sooths Anxiety and Promotes Comfort
- Eucalyptus Eases Congestion and Joint Pain
- Lavender Promotes Sleep and Skin Healing
- Lemon Fights Fatigue and Boosts Metal Clarity
Set the Mood with Colored Bath Lights
Strategic lighting can go a long way towards creating the spa-like experience you want, especially colored lights. Colors are proven to influence your mood, so adding colored lights to your bath will have both a visual and emotional appeal:
- Relax: Blues, greens, and purples are great colors for creating a tranquil atmosphere.
- Energize: Yellow and orange are ideal for promoting a cheerful and energetic mood.
- Focus: White lights can be used to reduce headaches and improve focus.
Add Finishing Touches
You’re almost set! All that’s left to create your in-home spa is to take care of some finishing touches. Get creative and think about what you would want to include. Here are some ideas:
- Use soft towels and bath cloths.
- Have a cozy bath robe nearby.
- Play soft music.
As you can see, walk-in tubs are more than accessible. They are down-right luxurious, especially when you take a few extra steps to make your space into your very own spa-like retreat!